Monday, November 12, 2012

An end to "mommy" blogging

I knew one day it would come. One day I would no longer feel the desire to blog about "mommying around." One day Tristan would be old enough for me to move on to other things. I mean who still wants to hear me report and document what it was that he ate or refused to eat or whether or not he still fits in his adorable French clothes? Come on. Like every family out there, we do a lot of things and we are discovering new things all the time but I no longer feel the need or desire to write about those things. We are all busy in our own way and I admit I do miss the days where I could just enjoy the moment. I'm the one that takes 95% of the photographs and records 98% of the videos. And of course I am the one that blogs and shares all of this with others. It's tiring, yo!

My final post will be about Tristan's 4th birthday party, which will be taking place soon. I've decided months ago that this would be my last post for this blog. When I first started this blog, I was very excited about parenting and I had a lot to discover and report about. This is no longer the case and over the past few months, blogging has felt more like a chore than anything else. As you could tell, I blogged a lot less and less. It took me more than one week after our first trip to Seattle to write about it! I have never delayed a post that long before! It's just not like me. I loved that in the past I felt the urgency and was anxious to report on things right away. Now, I just don't feel it :(

What will happen to this blog? I thought about deleting it all together but for now I think I will keep it up since most of my visitors arrive through organic searches. Some of my posts do provide helpful information. I plan on looking into the possibility of getting my blog printed out in book form. I remember hearing about that a long time ago and there are companies that are specialized in doing that. If you have recommendations, please let me know! :) I put a lot of work into the blog and it would be nice to read it all again one day in a hard copy.

I will continue to blog at swoonforfood.com so if you are visiting my blog because of the food or you are interested in cooking and baking, visit me over there :)

My blogging days over here are coming to an end but it's not over quite yet! I plan to post at least a couple more posts before disappearing. Tristan is turning 4 so obviously I have a lot to say about that :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails