Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Doctor's appointment

We just got back from the doctors. We found out that I tested positive for Strep B. The doctor tells us that there is a 50/50 chance of getting it so it's very common.  However, I read that anywhere from 15% to 40% of women carry Group B Strep bacteria.  I'm still bummed that I have to be on antibiotics when I go into labour :( Luckily, I will still be able to walk around. I decided to research a bit more about Strep B or Group B Streptococcus and it's sort of frightening. Should I be worried?

We wanted to know how far along we really were and if I have started to dilate yet. They won't examine you though until you are 38 weeks along. Our next appointment is set for November 14th. I'm starting to think the baby is going to take its precious time to exit. I have to keep busy so I don't have to think about all the discomfort. Maybe I'll start to revamp our company website after all.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails